Monday, March 29, 2010

Second-to-last post about this...maybe!

I know I blogged about this all last week pretty much and you might be ready for a change of pace. But I can't help still being excited about it. There were so many stories and images from the month that I just wish I had time to share them all with you. But for now I just wanted to share with you some simple images to give you all another small look into the lives of those we loved and worked with over those four and a half weeks.

Every orphanage we went to there was the same uncertainty that had to be overcome. It's cool to watch the transformation love has on even the most cautious or shy individuals.




I remember Ryan Shrum (pictured above) taking some of the first steps to get these "brave" three to come out and just maybe throw around the frisbee with us. Let's just say that kids didn't decide that they wanted to hang with us as soon as we got out of our taxis. But after a while there were no less than 25 local children and young adults out there with us. 




After while they started to throw the frisbee back and forth with us. It was a good sign! 







Soon lots of neighborhood kids joined us for an awesome game of tag around the playground.




Digital cameras are awesome icebreakers! The ability we now have to capture a moment and immediately show the child you are making friends with is a powerful and beautiful thing! If you go not only will you want to make sure you have lots of memory cards, but you will find that it will come in handy for making friends too.






Here is a quick testimony that one of the members of the 2008 team sent me and I would love it if you all would read it too.

"Most people hop on a plane and travel half way across the world to “make a difference”, to “change the world”. I want to suggest the opposite happens. I lived in rural Ontario Canada, living in the stream of life, going on my merry way; till Asia. I was the one changed, THEY made the difference. I went there empty, they told me stories, they filled my scrapbook, they cried and waved goodbye. I went bringing Jesus, but I left them knowing my Jesus so much better. I went bringing the Gospel, and they made a life and death decision to follow Him. They showed me Jesus in ways I cannot even begin to describe to you. They’ve watched their families murdered for being a follower of Jesus Christ, and I’m scared to give a tract to a lady at the grocery?

You tell me who needed changing!

I challenge you to take on this next group of believers going over to SouthEast Asia in 2010. Pray for them. That their lives would be changed, because only then can God do a work.
"
~Katrina Taylor



Small detail to mention, if you go on the trip you too will get a cool shirt like this! lol. (I think the image credit goes to Andrew Jorgensen for this image. Edited by myself of course. In other words I did I all could to help out the way I look. Sorry, it's all I could do.) :D
I wish I could go back again this year, but I can't. I already have two weddings booked that I'm going to be photographing over the period of the trip. I'll admit I'm looking forward to those a lot too . . . but I will miss being on this trip. I will miss doing what I can to help. That's why I'm doing all I can to spread the word about this awesome ministry that has blessed me and so many others immeasurably.



Again I just wanted to remind you all about the image I'm putting up for auction to raise support for the members of this year's team. All the proceeds will go straight to the SEA 2010 team. Bid on this framed and ready to hang image of Donner Lake by clicking here.


For more information about how you can go on this trip yourself please click here.

Signing off for today. God bless your socks off,

Capture. Create. Discover.
Something Amazing!


1 comment:

  1. The actual Oceanis includes a design just about all its, however you can observe the replica watches uk sun and rain of these We mentioned previously, as well as fake rolex sale I actually do not really think about which to become a poor point. The actual Rado HyperChrome 1616 had been revealed from Baselworld 2016, as well as rolex replica snapped up my personal interest like a really good looking watch from the manufacturer lots of replica watches uk could neglect. The rolex replica uk influenced through the brand's classic Cape Horn assortment of the actual past due sixties revisited along with brand new supplies along with a modern motion, the actual rolex replica sale HyperChrome 1616 is actually worth a significant appear through purchasers.

    ReplyDelete

Followers