Monday, April 5, 2010

Teaching photography downtown

Jack McDonnell (on left in image below) has been asking me to pull together some time to show him some of my tips and tricks for a while now and it finally worked out that this last Saturday was the day. Jack is a young creative who is already showing promising talent in the area of photography.

We started with a early morning session in Chicago with the purpose of just sharing any knowledge I have that he could benefit from. And then to focus on the photo editing aspect which also included workflow and a few other things to help keep our photography running smoothly. I thought it worked out great because we had fresh images to work through, organize, rate, sort...and finally edit.  

Rob Bennett (second from left in image below), an instructor for young aspiring photographers, is also a great friend who was just wanting a chance to hang out and learn a few things about Lightroom and editing images. Trust me, he wasn't there to learn anything about how to take a picture from me. 

Rain wasn't our idea of good weather at first, but in the end, we had a good combination for a good time.  And I think we walked away with something amazing!

Millennium Park. Taken with my iPhone for my Twitter.

The 5D Mk II made me proud. 
Served me for 3.5 hours in the rain with no problems at all!


Inside the bean.

We're not afraid of the rain.

I taught Lightroom from 11:23-5:33 without stopping.
I love teaching! Next to photography, teaching photography is the best!
(Obviously my iPhone took most of the images in this post.)


After all that work with no breakfast, no lunch, and lots of walking in between, 
it was time for real food. So we did the Grand Lux. This is the Rustic Lasagna.
It's not often that with every bite I feel blessed to be eating such a dish. 
This is a must if you've never had it!

Rustic Lasagna
Pasta Layered with Fresh Mushrooms, Chicken, Spinach and Cheese, 
all covered in a Creamy Roasted Tomato Sauce

I'll be posting more photos from the class of the Chicago Bean, Jack and Rob. I hope you stay tuned throughout the week.

Signing off for today. God bless your socks off,

Capture. Create. Discover.
Something Amazing!


4 comments:

  1. Woooah! I didn't know our 5D Mark IIs would "last" that long in the rain. Nice to know for future reference. ;)

    That lasagna looks super yummy...! Now I'm hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so so good! You have got to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have the guts to use my camera in the rain without covering it. nice stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum...love the Grand Lux Cafe!!! Love it so much I wore the Molten Chocolate Cake home...very tricky to cut and share. And as always your pics are amazing. Love taking pictures off the bean.

    Cousin Barb

    ReplyDelete

Followers